Scott Self captains Seawolf, a beautiful 40-foot catamaran he hand-built himself.
Scott Self’s Sailing Experience
• 2007 US Coast Guard Master Captains 100-ton License
• 2005 Division Winner of the Transpac Yacht Race, from Los Angeles to Hawaii
• 2005, 2006, and 2012 Overall Winner of the Harvest Moon Race from Galveston to Port Aransas
• 2004 2nd Place in J-22 World Championship
• 1973 Winner of Men’s North American Sailing Championship (Mallory Cup)
In addition, Scott has sailed across the Atlantic Ocean twice in a 44 foot sailboat (once heading east, and once heading west!) and twice raced in the Fastnet Race winning his division. In 2014 Scott sailed a 60 sloop from Houston through the Panama Canal and onto Marina Del Ray, Cal.
He also placed in the top 10 of every major class of sailboat at National Championships from Sunfish to 60 footers.
Scott Self is a former Mayor of Rockwall, and a former Rockwall County Commissioner
If you have any questions about Sail with Scott that the Frequently Asked Questions page doesn’t answer, email us at [email protected]
The Flagship of Sail with Scott is the Seawolf
Seawolf is a beautiful 40-foot-long by 25-foot-wide sailing catamaran, hand-built of beautiful Spanish cedar. Its guest capacity is 49. It sails from the Harbor in Rockwall, where it has a private docking area between the shore and the lighthouse.
Seawolf is perfect for spending time on the water. With plenty of seating all over the deck if you’d like to sit and relax, and open space at the bow which is perfect for pictures. It also has electric flushing toilets and a large changing room below deck. Scott didn’t miss a single detail when he built Seawolf.